Monday 18 August 2008

Not the day...shining armour....with a K

Just another quick note that I feel has to be said.

The Dark Knight

Heath Ledger's role as The Joker

Oh. My. God.
Seriously
, no joke, one of the best pieces of acting I've ever seen. And
 not just because he died shortly after. I realise that many people will go and see the film just because of this fact (much like more 
people have come to Weston pier this year, AFTER ITS BURNED DOWN, than last year, but i digress) but even so, his role throughout was incredible, his monologues, his appearance, even the way he moved, it just blew my mind. But sadly enough, you can almost see how playing a rol
e of someone that....insane, can drive a person mad, especially considering the 
stories of him locking himself away in order to play the character better. I can only feel privileged that someone would dedicate themselves that much for a role in a film. For entertaining a mostly ungrateful general public.


So for that, Heath, wherever you are in the cosmos, I thank you.

(and you're forgiven for being a gay cowboy)


"You wanna know how I got these scars?...."

2 comments:

Paul Waring said...

Been bugging me - "wherever you are in the cosmos" - is that Prowsey's line about Joe Strummer?

'bout time I did some bloggin' too - out of the habit!

Just need something to write about now...

Modest Matt said...

hahaha yeah, cheeky little reference there ;)