Wednesday 30 September 2009

Schoolboy error

Did I ever tell you about the time my dad missed seeing Joy Division? Back in 1980 I believe, they were supporting Buzzcocks and he decided he would rather go the pub than see the support. Dear oh dear. Chance missed? I think so.
I would be sympathetic, say that they probably wouldn't have been all that good anyway. Better off down the pub than watching some average band, but come on, it's Joy Division. I try not to remind him of it, stir up some kind of regret. Well, sometimes.

Interesting story I thought.

Sorry Dad...:-P

2 comments:

Paul Waring said...

Oi!

This from the boy who watched New Order at Glastonbury without having a clue who they were?

Buzzcocks were good that night though...

Modest Matt said...

ah yes....about that...

i suppose im not really much of one to talk, but still, joy division?? :P