Thursday 12 November 2009

True story

Just remembered something.

The other week, when I was at the Grammatics gig, which I have talked about before, I saw a girl with potentially one of the more ridiculously embarrassing tattoos that I have ever seen.
It was script going up her forearm (which looks pretty fucking stupid anyway) and it said 'Dance like nobodies watching', (also a pretty fucking stupid saying). However, the main reason that this tattoo was so embarrassingly stupid was the spelling. Dance like 'nobodies' watching?? I mean come on, that's just wrong. Spelling it as 'nobodies' would suggest that instead of nobody watching, it would be a group of nobodies that are watching, meaning that the entire basis of what she wanted to say on her arm was completely wrong.

Yes, this may seem like I am being really pedantic, but seriously, having correct grammar on something that has been written into your skin should surely be something you would check before hand.

What a prick.

No comments: