Tuesday 17 November 2009

What's in a word??

One word. That's all it takes. One little word and your whole life gets turned upside down. Odd really, how one small word can have such an effect on somebody's life. I mean, everything that you come to associate with that word is bad, so when somebody throws that word at you, obviously it's tough to take. Or is it? Oddly enough, I appear to have bounced right back. Obviously there was the initial panic. The trembling fear. Etc, etc. But after that, then what? Do I sit around and feel sorry for myself? Do i abandon all hope and pack it all in? Uni, friends, relationships, the works? Hell no. My diagnosis is a double dose of positive mental attitude. As a happy mind, is a healthy mind. Or some such bollocks. And anyway, turns out that despite the use of that one word, it sounds fairly straight forward and easy to get rid of. Happy days.
Now to just get over that "Oh.....fuuuuuuck......I'm so sorry....." awkwardness and I'll be set!

1 comment:

Paul Waring said...

You know what?

You think you know your kids - and then something comes along, and you realise that no matter how much you thought you had them sussed, they can blow you away with their maturity, their class, their bravery and their sheer, utter wondrousness - and Matt - I'm blown away.

Gentle shoulder charge.

Love you mate.