Saturday 21 November 2009

What is it about Muse?

I've been thinking recently, a hell of a lot of people like Muse. A lot. Like they're the best thing in the world right now (as shown by them winning a Q award for 'Best Band in the World Right Now'). But it has dawned on me recently, I just don't get it.
I've got Origin of Symmetry. It's alright. There are a few good songs on it. Absolution has a few good songs on it. Black Holes and Revelations has a few good songs on it. However, despite this, I wouldn't class any of them as being brilliant albums. I couldn't put any of them on from start to finish and thoroughly enjoy it. Maybe it's his voice? That operatic wail that he does. Slightly irritating. I honestly don't know what it is. I'm not sure what I don't like about them, but then I'm not entirely sure why people like them to the extent that they do.
I don't know really. I know sometimes there is a connection that you feel. Things just click and it feels right. But not for me.

And their new album sounds like it was taken from fucking Doctor Who.

No comments: