Thursday 1 April 2010

A week of Radioactivity: Day Four

So, they have to keep me in another day.

Naha! April Fools!

Yes, it is the first of April today, which means it is April Fools Day. Something that I royally fell for, thanks to Emma, but more on that later on.

I started the day fairly early today. Waking up before the nurses woke me up, which somehow felt wrong. It’s like waking up before your alarm goes off. Felt I had to stay in bed until they said hello. So after a trip to the loo, I did just that. Staying in bed till about 8ish, after they asked what I want for breakfast. So eventually, I clambered out of bed to collect my breakfast, and sat and watched some of the second series of Heroes. From memory, the second series was a bit shit in comparison to the first, but on second viewing, it has actually been pretty enjoyable. Less ‘eehh?’ and more ‘Aaah’, it seemed to make more sense.

In the midst of enjoying this, I got scanned again, to find that my radiation levels have dropped to a safe enough level for me to go home. But with hospitals never being that straight forward, I had to stick around till 3ish to have my scan, and this didn’t include the wait for a prescription. So it was back on to Heroes, after my daily shower and my cheese sarnie for lunch. No snack box today though, seeing as I was leaving, I probably didn’t need one today, but it would have been nice, got a bit peckish throughout the day.

Then a shocking thing happened, I went for my scan early! Rather than be typically late, the scan happened earlier than anticipated. Meaning that by half past three I was waiting for a prescription to go home. Fantastic stuff.

Getting a scan at hospital isn’t half strange though. Lying down as a huge camera moves all around you taking lovely pictures. At least it wasn’t an MRI scan, which is the equivalent of lying in a giant, noisy, plastic coffin.
Anyway, after the scan, I sat in the ‘Day Room’ of the ward and waited for my prescription, and my mum to pick me up. And that was that. A few days sitting on my arse watching Heroes and being supposedly Radioactive was over. So I suppose I’d better do some work now. Bugger

Oh yeah, that April Fools joke. Got a text from Emma this morning saying: ‘I’ve broke my leg! Fell down the stairs this morning. Just in hospital now waiting for someone to come and do my cast. It sucks. Xxx’. Now, considering I didn’t know it was April Fools Day today, I was more than just a little bit shocked, and completely fell for it. Made her feel guilty afterwards though, so I suppose it evens out a bit at least.

No comments: