Thursday 1 April 2010

A week of Radioactivity: Day Three

Bloody hell, I can go home tomorrow.

I don’t quite understand it, but this treatment seems to have flown by. Especially considering the mind-numbing boredom I suffered last time I was in hospital. Mind you, that was before I had Heroes.

Once again, I was woken up at around 7 in the morning, after what was a surprisingly easy nights sleep. I did wake up a lot, but then found it strangely easy to get back to sleep, once I put a jacket on that is. T’was a bloody cold night.
Anyway, once I had woken up properly, one cup of tea and bowl of cereal down me, I watched some more Heroes. Getting closer to the end of the first series. However, seeing as I don’t think I’ll be here long enough to watch all of the second, I didn’t want to finish the first too early and get into that as well, so I paced it out in between reading some more of Mr Smith’s book, which I reckon I can finish while I’m in here, and even doing a few sudoku puzzles and doodling in my Moleskine as well. Not what I bought it for, but by God doodling on sketchpad paper with a Parker pen feels strangely satisfying.
I had another reading/scan thing to see how radioactive I was today, and after yesterday’s big drop, I was expecting a much smaller drop this time, but what did I get? It went from 1000 down to 340. Again, I don’t know what the unit is, and I don’t know what a ‘safe’ level is, but these drops must be a good thing, surely?

After various phone calls from Emma, Dad, and my Grandma I continued watching Heroes, eventually finishing the 1st series just after tea time. Now, if you have never watched this programme, go out and buy it, because it is brilliant. With an intricate plot and superb characterisation, not to mention a load of super-powered people and cameos from Stan Lee and George Takei (Sulu to those Trekkies reading). I fucking love this show, and it is going to be very hard not to watch the two following series when I should be doing work in the next couple of weeks.

With that finished, I read a bit more of Smith’s book, and watched the Arsenal/Barca game on the small TV they gave me. The second half of which was one of the more exciting games I’ve watched as a neutral in quite a while. Although I think that Barca easily have what it takes to beat Arsenal in the second leg.

And so that was today. For me, it was fairly uneventful. Not so for other people though, as my dad finally has got another job, after what must have been well over a year out of full time employment. In Preston too, no less. Confirming the fact that that place is the centre of the universe. From great news to very sad though, as my Auntie’s cat Frankie, whom they have had for as long as I can remember, passed away, to the obvious distress of my cousins and most probably my Aunt and Uncle too. I can only imagine what it must be like for the. Admittedly, I am not really a ‘pet’ person, but I know that they obviously were, so my condolences go to them.

It doesn’t look like I have harped on nearly enough today as I have done in the past couple of days, but then, there isn’t really much new to report. Such is the routine of hospital life. Tomorrow will probably be a bit more interesting, as it will involve (hopefully) the whole detoxification process, along with a CT scan type thing, prescription gathering, and going home. What fun that will all be.

Goodnight to you all.

No comments: